Sunday, January 13, 2008

Spinach Burritos


The house smells wonderful when this is cooking. The spinach is noticeable only by the looks- you can't taste it, so it's a great way to sneak it in.


Spinach Burritos
1 lb. ground meat
1 pkg taco seasoning mix
10 oz frozen spinach, thawed and drained if necessary
1 c. chunky salsa
3/4 c shredded cheddar cheese
tortillas
sour cream
Brown and crumble meat in skillet. Add taco seasoning, mix well, add spinach and salsa, heat through. Remove from heat, mix in cheese. To serve spoon beef mix into tortilla with sour cream.

4 comments:

lindsay taylor said...

This sounds wonderful! Not sure if my bunch will go for it, but I'm going to try it!

Liz's Random Thoughts said...

This looks pretty good! Not sure how it would go with my bros tho lol...:)
<3<3
~Elizabeth
PS did you ever try the "Hilary Clintin Potatoes"?;)

Rachel said...

lol- no I never tried the "Hilary Clinton Potatoes"... sour cream and mustard just don't sound good to me. :-)
And you could get away w/o them knowing there was spinach in there by rolling them in the tortilla and baking them with salsa or enchilada sauce over them. Because you can't taste it at all.

Liz's Random Thoughts said...

Hmm interesting.....
Lol I'm SO glad I missed lunch that day! Orange chicken or potatoes that dad created out of thin air......umm.....Yeah Orange Chicken totally...(tho I do wonder what they would have tasted like....)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails