Sunday, January 20, 2008

Shepherd's Pie

This is comfort food for us. Everyone likes it and it's nice and easy. Yesterday I wasn't feeling well- but this was easy enough to make-- I just pulled some meat from the freezer that I had already browned and mixed up some instant potatoes. I'm really trying to get away from instant/boxed anything, but I had stocked up on potato flakes, so I will use them up.

Shepherd's Pie
1 lb ground meat, browned with garlic salt
1 can whole kernal corn, drained
6 to 8 cups mashed potatoes
Shredded cheddar cheese (optional)

Spread the meat in a 9 x 13 baking dish, sprinkle on the corn, top with mashed potatoes and spread evenly over all. Sprinkle on some shredded cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.

1 comment:

8OFUS said...

This was really good. I had to double it for us. I also added a can of mixed vegetables, and a can of green chilies, and also put small layer of grated cheese between the veggies and the mashed potatoes, as well as on top of the potatoes. Was a big hit with all but Mackenzie. We're still working on her and vegetables.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails