Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Hot Chocolate Coffee Cake

This was my weekend experiment. I liked it- well, it was a hit with everyone-- but why not, it had chocolate in it! When I make coffee cake, I reduce the sugar- mainly because we are eating it for breakfast and I don't want to start the day with lots of sugar in everyone. If you want a sweeter dessert cake, I would suggest putting another 1/2 cup of sugar in it.

Hot Chocolate Coffee Cake
1 c. sugar
1/3 c. oil
2 eggs
1 c. milk
3 c. white flour
4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1/4 c. hot chocolate mix

Mix all together (leaving out the cocoa mix), spread 1/2 of the batter into greased 9x13 inch baking dish, sprinkle on the chocolate powder, dollop the rest of the dough on top, trying to cover most of the chocolate powder. Bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails