Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Zucchini Bread



This year we planted 4 Zucchini plants in our garden-- and boy did they produce!!
I like zucchini, just served as a veggie, Jesse likes them raw- better than cucumber. But I had so much, I had to do something with it.
Growing up I never cared for zucchini bread- but this recipe has completely changed that. So delicious!!

Zucchini Bread
Ingredients:
3 eggs
1/4 cup oil
3/4 cup applesauce
3 cups grated zucchini
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups white flour
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon sea salt

Directions:
Mix moist ingredients first, mix well.
In separate bowl add and mix dry ingredients.
Mix all together. Pour into 2 greased bread pans and bake at 350˚ for 70 minutes.

Ok, just so you know, I don't really use a separate bowl to mix the dry ingredients, I have everything in my mixer and put in the flour then add the cinnamon, baking soda, etc and with a fork, stir it into the flour a little before turning the mixer on again.

This is a really sweet bread, I think I will try cutting the sugar a bit next time since we tend to eat this for breakfast, and I don't think we need that much sugar in the morning. :-)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails