Thursday, December 6, 2007

Dinner for a crowd


I come from a family of 10. My parents adopted 6 kids after I had already been out of the house about 7 years. My siblings are from Ethiopia and Haiti and there are still 5 at home. They live 90 miles away in a small town, so my mom likes to come here to shop and they spend the night so she can shop longer. :-) So there were 10 hungry eaters at our table tonight. Here's what I made:


Taco Rice

2 lbs ground meat (brown and drained if necessary)
26 oz jar of salsa
16 oz can tomato sauce
salt to taste
5-6 c. cooked brown rice (2 cups uncooked)

Mix together, serve topped with shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, and tortilla chips on the side.

And thankfully there was enough left over for Brian's lunch tomorrow... barely! :-)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails