Sunday, February 17, 2008

Valentine Banquet

I know I haven't posted much in the last couple weeks- but for the last month I've been planning a Valentine Banquet for our church- our group (Y.A.M.S., Young Adults, Married & Single) hosted it for the rest of the church. And this week, that is pretty much the only thing that has been on my mind. So even though I had some things I wanted to post after I made them- I forgot to take pictures- so another time. :-) The Banquet turned out wonderfully. I wish I had taken pictures of all of it to put on here, but pictures were the last thing on my mind Friday night!
I was in charge of the menu- except the desserts, which a friend of mine made- she did a beautiful job and made Chocolate Mousse Meringues.
We were able to keep our cost to a minimum- here's the menu:

Fresh Green Salad
with Red Pepper Vinaigrette

Artisan Bread

Steak wrapped with bacon, Baked Potato
Green Beans with Almonds

Meringue Bliss

I don't have a break down of the cost by food- but I took the total bill and divided it- it came to $5.40/per person. We had 37 people attend, so we fed them for just under $200.

I will have the bread recipe later this week- as I did manage pictures of them, as they were so pretty.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails