Friday, February 22, 2008

Coconut "Pecan" Icing

Well, yesterday was Brian's birthday- and being the good wife that I am, I forgot to make him a cake! I made him a photo album for his desk and scrapbooked the pages and wrote in the love quotes and then made him Chicken Chili Roll Ups for dinner, since he likes those- it was going so well, I was getting everything done that I wanted too... no wonder- I wasn't doing a cake! The poor guy had to ask (insert smiley with a paper bag over head).

So at 5:30, I started baking a cake. The cake was just a boxed German Chocolate cake, because I had it. But I did make the frosting from scratch.

Coconut "Pecan" Icing
1 can evaporated milk
1 c. white sugar
1 T. molasses
1/2 c. butter
3 egg yokes
Melt and stir over med heat- when boiling cook for about 10 minutes stirring constantly.
Remove from heat and stir in:
1 1/3 c. shredded coconut
1 c. chopped nuts (in my case, it was walnuts, because that's all I had)
Let cool completely before frosting.

Because it was 7:00 PM when the cake was somewhat cooled, I frosted it- and the frosting wasn't completely cooled, so it was oozing everywhere. Oh well-- at least he still got his favorite cake on his birthday!

1 comment:

Jennilyn said...

Happy Birthday to Brian!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails