Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Foodie Gift Boxes



It's that time of year again! I actually really enjoy this, I enjoy how pretty the treats look in the gift boxes, and I hope they enjoy getting them as much as I would. My love affair with food. *Grin*

Here's what I put in there this year:

"Cinnabon" Cinnamon Rolls
Gingerbread Men (and fish, holly leaves, presents and Christmas trees)
Crabapple Jelly
Apricot Jam
Zucchini Bread
Artisan Bread
Peppermint Bark
Dark Chocolate covered Almonds and Pecans
This is the first time I've done chocolate covered nuts, I thought they looked so pretty! They in fact did look beautiful when I made them, but I bought some 100% Cocoa chocolate... and I followed her recipe, but even with all that honey they were super dark and one would really need to be a fan of really dark chocolate to like them. I put them in the boxes anyway and also made some with some semi-sweet chocolate chips that I had. They were much more to my tastes. I was a bit disappointed, I thought the honey would make them sweeter, perhaps I shouldn't have gotten 100% cocoa.

All in all, I was very please with everything in the box and thought they looked lovely. What are some things that you give as food gifts each year? Are you famous for something delicious? :-) Do tell!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails