Monday, December 14, 2009

Oatmeal Apple Raisin Cookies

Brian is a Scout Master for our church scout troop. One of the things they are supposed to learn as scouts is to eat healthy, I've done different snacks for them, carrots, apples, cookies, muffins, cinnamon rolls... Today, I wanted to make something healthier than I have the last few times...



Oatmeal Apple Raisin Cookies
3/4 c. coconut oil
1 c. sugar
2 T. molasses
1 egg
1/4 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
3 c. rolled oats
1 peeled, diced apple
1/2 c. raisins

Mix coconut oil, sugar, molasses, egg, milk and vanilla together, then add the dry ingredients, sifting them together first (I typically put the flour in the bowl on the wet ingredients, put salt, baking soda, etc on top and stir it up slightly before mixing it with the wet ingredients.)

Drop by spoonfuls on cookie sheet, bake at 375˚ for 13-14 minutes, let cool on cookie sheet 1-2 minutes before moving them to the cooling rack.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Now those look delicious! I love a new recipe to use my coconut oil in.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails