Monday, November 23, 2009

Turkey Soup


With the turkey I made last Sunday, I made a soup stock and thought I would let you know what I did this time.

Turkey Soup
3/4 of a 10-12 qt. pot of stock (directions here under my other turkey soup post, just scroll down)
1 onion chopped
3 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
1/2 of a celery bunch, chopped
5 carrots, diced
3 cups cooked, chopped turkey meat
16 -32 oz. egg noodles (depending on how much or little broth you like when you eat)
Salt and pepper to taste

The next night, when I reheated it I added about 1 Tbsp. parsley flakes.

This filled my 10 qt. stock pot and fed us for 2 dinners. Now, remember we are big eaters- so that's 5 people eating 2 bowls of soup and 2 (little people) eating 1 bowl of soup. And Titus loved it, so at almost 1 year, he ate a whole bowl himself!

Find out more on how good broth is for you here.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails