Thursday, November 19, 2009

Butternut Squash Whole Wheat Pancakes


I baked butternut squash a couple days ago and had it sitting in the fridge, deciding if I want to make a pie out of it or freeze it for something else... So this morning I decided to stick it in some pancakes. I left out the sugar because it was a really sweet squash (I read somewhere online that the longer you bake them the sweeter they get).


Butternut Squash Whole Wheat Pancakes
3 c. whole wheat flour
2 TB baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 c. butternut squash meat
1/4 c. oil
2 1/2 c. milk

Mix thoroughly. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle. These pancakes didn't make "bubbles" to show when to flip them, so I just watch and flip when the edges start to get a bit crinkled and the underside is brown. They were thick, so cook them longer than normal pancakes.
This makes a good sized batch, enough for 6 good eaters-- we normally have just a couple pancakes leftover.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails