Friday, November 27, 2009

Pizza Crust and Taco Pizza



My friend Kristy got a new cookbook, she's been coming over about once a month and we've made a few dishes to put in the freezer. I really enjoyed going through the book, the recipes are easy but don't have much with cream soups. I was most impressed with the pizza crust we made.
We've made their Chicken Alfredo Pizza (that was delicious!!) and then we made more crust and put our regular toppings on.
Sunday I had some leftover Lentil Chili so we made some taco pizza. It was so good!!





No-Rise Pizza Dough
2 c. Warm water
2 T. Yeast
3 T. Sugar
1 T. Salt
4-5 c. Flour (can be all white or 1/2 wheat & 1/2 white)
~
Cornmeal
Olive oil

Makes 2 pizza crusts.

Put water, yeast and sugar into a stand mixer bowl, mix slightly and let sit for a few minutes to get the yeast working. Then add salt and mix and add flour until the dough no longer sticks to the sides of the mixer bowl. Knead for about 5 minutes.
Dust pizza stone with cornmeal, roll out dough, brush with olive oil and prick with fork every 1/2-1 inch.
Bake at 500˚ for about 5 minutes.

Take out and let cool (I just started piling my toppings on, because it was going right back into the oven).

Taco Pizza
2 c. Lentil Chili
2 c. chopped cooked chicken, tossed with
1 T. taco seasoning
4-6 green onions, chopped
Shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese
Tortilla chips

Spread the chili over the crust, top with chicken, onions and cheese, bake at 450˚ for 15 minutes. Top with crushed tortilla chips. Now, I didn't do this- but I know it would complete the meal perfectly:
Top with shredded lettuce and diced fresh tomatoes.

I have tried to make taco pizza before, I've had some great ones at pizza restaurants, but it's never been too good at home. This one totally hit the spot though! It was great!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails