Saturday, July 5, 2008

Souvlaki and Roasted Potatoes


The older boys' grandfather is greek and though I don't care for all of typical greek food, I love souvlaki.


Souvlaki
(To make enough for 12 adults, about 25 skewers)

10 lbs pork sirloin, cut into 1" cubes

Marinade
1 c. olive oil
1/2 c. lemon juice
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp. ground oregano

Soak wooden skewers (if that's what you're using) in water for 20 minutes. Place about 6 pieces of pork on each skewer, lay in a 9" x 13" Baking dish, mix marinade and pour over all the loaded skewers. Cover and put in fridge for about 3 hours before grilling.
I can't really say how long to grill them- Brian typically does all the grilling, the temp was med to med-low and I think it took at least 30 minutes.



Roasted Potatoes
8 c. diced potatoes
1/4 c. melted butter
garlic salt to taste

Pour melted butter over diced potatoes, the sprinkle on the garlic salt and stir. Put into foil "packets" on put on grill- high heat for 5-10 minutes and then cook on low until the meat is done.

Brian normally puts the potatoes on for about 10 minutes, then moves them to the top rack of the grill and puts the meat on, so it's all done about 45 minutes after we start.

1 comment:

Suzanne & Duncan Forbes said...

Yum! I guess I know what we'll be having when you visit me this summer :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails