Thursday, July 3, 2008

Amish Friendship Bread


My Mother-in-law gave me a starter for this last year sometime and it is SO good-- not the best in health, but very tasty. (Must be the pregnancy- I've been making more "junk food").
I found a recipe for the starter on allrecipes.com:

Amish Friendship Bread Starter

And I didn't share any starter with friends this time- I just baked a bunch of bread and froze some loaves. I have tried making pancakes with the starter- but I'm not really a fan of sourdough pancakes, and that's what they were like.
At the end of the 10 days you end up with 5 cups of starter.
Anyway- here's the recipe for Bread:

Amish Friendship Bread

1 c. starter
1/3 c. oil
1/2 c. applesauce
1 c. sugar
3 eggs
1 1/2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
2 c. flour
1/2 c. milk
1 large box instant vanilla pudding
2 t. cinnamon 
Pour into two greased loaf pans. (If you use stone ware pans- line the bottom with parchment paper.)  You can sprinkle some extra cinnamon and sugar on top.  Bake 325 degrees for 60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails