Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Parmesan and Mushroom Tilapia


I've been trying to serve fish once a week, it's been good. I didn't grow up eating much variety of fish, we had salmon, trout and sunfish. So it's been fun trying new things. This would be wonderful for a dinner party! I have it serving 8, but you can just mix the same amount of topping and put it over 4 filets, which would be delicious as well!

Parmesan and Mushroom Tilapia
1/2 lb mushrooms, sliced (or more, to your liking)
1/3 c. butter, softened
1/2 c. onion, chopped
1/4 c. chopped fresh parsley
2 TB yellow mustard
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. shredded parmesan
1/2 c. whipping cream
8 thawed/fresh tilapia filets

Lay the tilapia filets in two 9" x 13" baking pans, mix the rest of the ingredients and spread over filets. Bake at 350˚ for 25 minutes.

1 comment:

Antonia - Beauty Health Finance and Green Issues Editor said...

I love mushrooms and I love seafood too, not too kenn on Parmesan though. I would probably attempt it with a different cheese. I love mozarella and mild cheddar in general.

We have tilapia, but usually cooked in a different way.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails