Friday, August 8, 2008

Rice Blender Pancakes





I got the basic of this recipe from Hillbilly Housewife's Rice Pancakes, but I will say that mashing the rice with a fork- was not working for me. So here's what I did:





Rice Blender Pancakes
1 1/2 c. leftover cooked brown rice
2 c. Sour milk (2 c. milk + 2 tsp. lemon juice)
2 c white flour
1/2 tsp. salt
2 eggs
1 tsp. baking soda

Put rice, milk and eggs in blender for a few minutes, until rice is no longer in a "rice" shape. Mix in dry ingredients and fry like normal pancakes: about 1/4 c. on hot griddle, flip after bubbles form on top and a couple have popped. Cook on other side until browned.

These were dense pancakes-- which I really like. I don't like my pancakes to soak up the syrup- and they didn't! Brian and Naomi weren't too excited about there texture- and though Brian eats anything, Naomi refused them after 2 bites. Oh well- The boys and I polished them off.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails