Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Best Pancakes Ever


I have used this recipe for many years and everyone loves it. It's my basic pancake recipe, I change it slightly when I use different flours, so if you've followed my blog for a while, you will probably recognize it from my whole wheat pancake recipe.

The Best Pancakes Ever

Ingredients:
3 cups unbleached flour
1/4 cups sugar (optional- I leave this out)
2 tablespoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt

Mix dry ingredients and then add:
3 cups milk*
1/3 cup oil or melted butter
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla or cinnamon (optional)
Directions:
Mix thoroughly. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle. You will see bubbles form to show you when to flip the pancakes, I flip them when there are bubble across the whole pancake, but the bubbles in the middle have not popped.
This makes a good sized batch, enough for 6 good eaters-- we normally have just a couple pancakes leftover.

*Can replace milk with 2 1/2 c. apple juice

4 comments:

Cara said...

These look amazing. 29 more days... ;)

Beauty and Health Editor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beauty and Health Editor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beauty and Health Editor said...

Had to delete my previous comments, too many typos.

Nice. Of course they would have looked even nicer with a drizzle of honey or golden syrup all over it.

I have packages on my blog too, but I use a crepe pan to make mine, they come out much thinner.

Pancakes with cream and cinnamon goes down really well. We had some of those at a chocolate festival they had on the South Bank in London a few weeks ago....Delicious.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails