Friday, October 30, 2009

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies (revised)



A couple years ago (can't believe I've been blogging that long!!) I posted a recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies I love them, they didn't need any improvement.
But, I'm really trying to get away from shortening as an ingrediant. I actually don't have any in my house right now and I didn't have a can of pumpkin but I had pumpkin puree that I made myself. So I had to modify the recipe.

For some reason the color is not as orange as when I used the canned pumpkin. Not sure what that is about. I added more flour than the original recipe because my pumpkin puree was quite moist.

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 c. pumpkin puree
1 c. butter
2 c. sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. baking soda
3 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
2 c. whole wheat flour
3 c. white flour.
Mix together
Stir in 1 to 2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips (1/2 to whole package).
Drop by teaspoonfuls on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake @ 350 for 11-14 minutes... till bottoms are barely golden - do not over bake

2 comments:

Christina said...

These look great! The recipe I have is more "cake like." Going to try this for sure! I was also just going to look for a step by step - how to make pumpkin puree. You're a "one stop shop." Thank you!!

Rachel said...

Well thanks! I like the cake like cookies... but can't see to get it without the shortening. These aren't as heavy/dense as normal cookies, so still have a bit of cake-ness to them.
I was reading an article today and one lady puts her pumpkin puree in cheese cloth and lets it drain for a full day so that it gets to be as thick as the canned pumpkin.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails