Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Baby Shower Eats



Tonight I had a shower for a good friend, who attends the same church as we do and happens to live 3 blocks away, which has been super fun! Dawn just had her 4th baby- she now has 3 girls and 1 boy, she was set for baby supplies so we threw a "Pamper Dawn" shower- we had gift cards for restaurants along with baby sitting coupons, lotions, night gowns and manicure/pedicure supplies.

Dawn happens to be the unofficial church cake decorator- everyone calls on her to make cakes for showers, birthdays, linger longers at church, etc... when I mentioned cake, she said "Oh, we don't need cake! I like lots of things- cookies, ice cream, all sorts of things!" So... yeah, she might be a little sick of cake. :-)
So I made her cookies. I probably wouldn't have thought of it, if it hadn't been for another shower that I made cookies for. This was alot of fun, and I think easier than trying to decorate a cake- though, I would have just made a bundt cake, which I quite easy to decorate... but that's beside the point. Anyway- I went with cookies and fruit, it was very cute.

I thought I would post my punch recipe, as people are always asking about it. I've noticed that people are a bit timid when it comes to punch. They tend to just stick to the apparently traditional Hawaiian Punch with 7-Up. Let me tell you- Don't be afraid of punch. It's just juice mixed with some type of carbonated beverage and sometimes dollops of sherbet. Pretty much any juice works. I've tried most all of them. But this is what I like:


Rachel's Favorite Punch
1 46 oz. can pineapple juice
1 2 liter bottle of lemon lime soda
1 12 can raspberry/strawberry concentrate (left as a concentrate)
and optional
dollops of raspberry sherbet

Mix the juices together and dollop with sherbet- serve.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails