Friday, December 24, 2010

Stuffed Mushrooms



I love mushrooms. I just love them. Brian doesn't, but he supports my indulging. :-) These are the best stuffed mushrooms I have ever had. Absolutely wonderful!

Stuffed Mushrooms
1 1/2 lbs mushrooms
1/3 c. butter, softened
2 TB flour
1/4 c. finely chopped onions
2 TB freshly chopped parsley
1 TB yellow mustard
3/4 tsp. salt
5 "shakes" cayenne pepper
1 c. heavy whipping cream (approximately)

Stem the mushrooms, saving the stems. Set the caps aside and dice the stems, putting them into a bowl. To the stems add all the ingredients except whipping cream. Mix well. Fill the mushroom caps and place them into a 9" x 13", stuffed side up.
Drizzle the whipping cream over the mushrooms.
Bake at 375˚ for 30 minutes. Serve warm.
Enjoy!!

3 comments:

Lib said...

mmm...I love mushrooms.
Gingerbread houses and orange ornaments... so cute and so festive. I love it!

Anonymous said...

This looks great and I love stuffed mushrooms but due to food allergies I would have to substitute ingredients for the mustard and heavy cream - any suggestions? Thanks!

Rachel said...

I've done them without the cream, and they have come out fine- not quite as rich, but still good. The mustard, I'm not sure about. Can get a better quality mustard, like dijon, that wouldn't bother you? Depending on your allergies, you could just add some mustard powder to get a little of the flavor, otherwise, experiement with different seasonings.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails