Monday, September 13, 2010

Cinnamon Roll Bread



One of my favorite things that I remember my mom making. I love it toasted with butter on it... and there is always one gooey spot, I would save that for last, because it was so yummy!

I use my recipe for Basic White Bread:

Basic White Bread
2 c. warm milk (I often do 1 c. cold milk and 1 c. not quite boiling water)
1 T. yeast
1 T. honey
Mix and let set for 10 min.
Then add:
2 tsp. salt
2 T. olive oil, coconut oil or butter
5-6 1/2 c. flour (this is also good with 1-2 cups wheat flour)

As the mixer is going add the flour one cup at a time until the dough no longer sticks to the sides of the mixer. Let it knead (mix) for 10 minutes.
Let rest and rise in the bowl and then mix it before it falls out over the edge, typically about 30 minutes, but if your house is cold may be longer.
Dump the dough onto a floured countertop, split dough into 2 equal parts, roll out one at a time into a rectangle about 10"x18", (it does not need to be exact!)

Now you have your choice of filling- mine lately (just because we have cut back on sugar is):
drizzle with:
molasses
honey
and sprinkle on:
cinnamon

Or you can do it just like a cinnamon roll:
Spread with:
butter
Sprinkle on:
Brown Sugar
Cinnamon

Raisins can also be added.

Roll up, jelly roll style, tuck the ends slightly before putting in greased loaf pans, so the loaf is smooth on top and all edges are tucked under the loaf.
Let rise in warm place approximately 30 minutes. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and pans and let cool on wire rack.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can almost smell those loaves! Do you bake them in the stoneware loaf pans? Do they brown as nice as the cheap metal pans?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails