Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Snickerdoodles

Naomi has been helping me cook alot- it's amazing how she pays attention and mimics me. Girls and boys are so different!

Snickerdoodles
1 c. butter, softened
1 1/2 c. sugar
2 eggs
2 3/4 c. flour
2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
Mix butter, sugar and eggs add dry ingredients. Roll into balls the size of small walnuts. Roll the balls into a mixture of 2 TB. sugar and2 tsp. cinnamon. Place about 2" apart on ungreased baking sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes. Do not over bake. They won't brown much.

6 comments:

Cara said...

Darin says he's glad I'm reading about Snickerdoodles :) Naomi is just too cute helping out.

Jennifer said...

Is this a recipe you could use margarine instead of real butter? I was going to make them the other day but I only had margarine.

Rachel said...

I'm not sure. Probably- even marg/shortening would probably work. I've sworn off margarine, so haven't used it in years.

Antonia - Beauty Health Finance and Green Issues Editor said...

I don't use margarine either, butter is better as it does not contain hydrogenated fat.

It's nice to have a little helper, my niece likes to muck in, wash the dishes and sweep the floor, she is six. She gets upset if you don't let her help...kids.

Anyway, are these biscuits or cakes, I'm not really sure. I will have a go at making them, but I want to be sure what they are.

Rachel said...

This is actually a cookie. :-) They are one of my favorite!

Antonia - Beauty Health Finance and Green Issues Editor said...

Ok, thanks Rachel. It looks easy enough to make. I just need to buy the cream of tartar.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails