Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Rhubarb Torte

I love this one so much I have to make myself not take that second piece. This is really sweet- so if you like your rhubarb tart, then you might want to ease up on the sugar a bit, but we love it this way.




Rhubarb Torte
Crust:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup margarine
2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
Mix with beater until it forms a ball of dough. Press evenly into a 9" pie plate and bake at 350˚ for 20 minutes.

Rhubarb filling:
1 1/2 cups white sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3 egg yolks
1/3 cup milk
3 1/2 cups chopped rhubarb
In a saucepan, combine 1 1/2 cup sugar, 3 tablespoons flour, yolks and milk. Stir together, then add chopped rhubarb. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. Pour into hot crust.

Meringue:
3 egg whites
1/4 cup white sugar
Beat egg whites until foamy. Gradually add 1/4 cup sugar, continuing to beat until stiff peaks form. Spread meringue over rhubarb filling, covering completely.
Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown.

1 comment:

Bryan said...

I must admit that this was delicious! The Jones's had my wife and I over to enjoy this wonderful dessert. Rachel is an excellent cook and her choice for the finest ingredients is impeccable! Seriously I know, she plucked the Rhubarb out of my back yard! I didn't know what to do with it, but now I do! Just ask Rachel nicely and you'll enjoy the end result!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails